In order to limit the spread of Covid-19, Maritime Administration of Latvia has made changes in provision of services:
1. Registry of Seamen: Submission or reception of documents, and assessment of the competency of seafarers is provided only by appointment in advance by phone +371 67099419, more information here.
2. Registry of Ships: Customers will not be served in-persona unless booked in advance. An Application form and all relevant documents shall be submitted before attendance.
All customer appointments shall be agreed and booked in advance by phone +371 67062162 -/165 -/164 or e-mail: krlja.lv
3. Maritime Safety Inspectorate provide services in routine manner.
4. Ship and Port Security Inspectorate provide services in routine manner.
PROCEDURE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE (at 5 Trijādības Street)
- Only customers with no signs of respiratory illnesses are being served;
- Before coming to premises of Maritime Administration of Latvia, please get in touch with a responsible employee and find out if the service can be provided electronically without a direct contact with the employee. If possible, please take advantage of this opportunity;
- If you haven’t gotten in touch with the responsible employee before your visit, our person on duty will help you do that;
- If a face-to-face contact is needed to provide the service, visitors must disinfect hands and use mouth and nose covers (masks).
- If you present an interoperable COVID-19 certificate and identity document to the person on duty, you will be able to receive the service in the relevant office (using a face and mouth cover in common areas).
- If you do not have an interoperable COVID-19 certificate, you will receive the service in the lobby using a face and mouth cover (mask).
- Let us respect one another and take care of our health!
The premises of the Registry of Seamen (hereinafter – the Registry) have been defined as restricted access area. Submission or reception of documents, and assessment of the competency of seafarers, are provided by appointment only.
For the submission of documents, the seafarers shall apply by the telephone calling the number +371 67099419. Reception of seafarers is carried out at 15-minute intervals.
The seafarer shall arrive at the Registry on the appointed time exactly. In case of being late, the Registry shall be informed immediately by calling the number +371 67099419, and another appointment shall be arranged. The seafarer is not allowed into the Registry, if he/she misses his appointment.
Only those seafarers are admitted into the Registry, who:
- are on the list of visitors;
- have familiarized themselves with the information about persons who are not allowed to receive services of the Registry of Seamen on-site; and
- wear a face mask.
In order to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 infection caused by the novel coronavirus, seafarers with visually noticeable symptoms of a disease shall not be admitted. In addition, body temperature measurements of the visitor may be taken (by the distance thermometer).
Seafarers are asked to keep the 2m physical distance from other persons and not to stay in the Registry longer than necessary for submission or reception of the documents.
According to the restrictions in force in Latvia, seafarers may be denied admittance into the Registry if these guidelines are not obeyed.
Appointments for the visits to the administration of the Registry are made by the telephone (+371 67099401).
In case of any questions, please call: + 371 67099419
SEAMAN’S DISCHARGE BOOK
- Reception of the documents for the issue of the seaman’s discharge book is carried out in accordance with the Cabinet Regulation No. 992 “Regulations regarding the seaman's discharge book”, adopted 20 December 2005.
- The senior inspector of the Certification division informs the seafarer about the date and time of the reception of the seaman’s discharge book. The seaman’s discharge books are issued by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
TRAINING OF SEAFARERS
- Professional education programmes and short training programmes of seafarers are implemented in compliance with Cabinet Regulation No. 360 “Epidemiological safety measures for the prevention of the spread of the Covid-19 disease”, adopted 9 June 2020 and guidelines of the Registry of Seamen No. 2020/5 “Guidelines regarding implementation of the short training programmes of seafarers during the prevention of the spread the Covid-19 disease”, adopted 10 June 2020.
- If the seafarer holds a valid Qualification Certificate (COC or COP), issued in accordance with chapter II, III of the STCW Convention, but any of the training COP or DE issued in accordance with the STCW regulations V/2, VI/1, VI/2, VI/3 or VI/4, has expired, the validity of the training course certificate is automatically extended until the end of the voyage.
CERTIFICATION OF SEAFARERS
- Reception of the documents for the Qualification Certificates is carried out in compliance with the Cabinet Regulations No. 895 “Regulations regarding certification of seafarers”, adopted 22 November 2005 (hereinafter – Certification regulations).
- Assessment of competency is carried out in compliance with the Certification regulations based on the following:
2.1. Assessment of competency is carried out on Tuesdays (for deck department and catering department) and on Thursdays (for engine department);
2.2. The computer-based test is carried out in two groups (from 8.00 am to 10.00 am, and from 10.00 am to 12.00 am), not exceeding 3 (three) persons in one group. After passing the test, the applicant is assigned for the assessment interview on the same day.
2.3. The assessment of competency by an interview is carried out from 13.00 pm to 16.00 pm at 15-minute intervals.
3. The senior inspector of the Certification division or the inspector of the Examination class shall inform the seafarer on the date and time of the reception of the certificate.
DELAY IN VOYAGE
Due to the restrictions introduced by the countries throughout the world, the crews may not be changed in due time.
In cases when, due to force majeure situation, a seafarer has to work for a considerable longer period of time that it has been envisaged in the employment agreement and there is a risk that a seafarer will not be signed off till the end of the validity of the qualification documents, the Registry shall issue a document on the extension of the validity of the certificates.
In order to perform it, the ship owner or the recruitment company shall send to the Registry email address: jrlja.lv, cc: jazeps.spridzanslja.lv an officially signed application, which has been prepared on an official form of the company, with a short description of the situation and information about the period of time for which the extension is required and if the extension of the documents will be accepted by the flag state administration of the ship. The copy of the employment agreement has to be attached. Based on the application, there will be a scanned (unless required otherwise) confirmation of the extension sent. The confirmation will be issued only if the application contains all required information.
- If the validity of a medical certificate issued in Latvia expires during the voyage, due to unplanned length of it, caused by the consequences of Covid-19 virus, the Administration shall permit to use it for the period of time not exceeding three months till the moment when the seafarer returns to Latvia, provided that the seafarer does not have visible symptoms of disease. Inversely, Article 6 of Regulation I/9 of STCW Convention is to be strictly complied with.
- In order to ensure the protection of the medical practitioners of seafarers against the COVID-19 disease, a seafarer may , for the purpose of medical certification, visit the medical practitioner of the seafarers not earlier than on the 11th day after returning to Latvia from the voyage, and provided that the seafarer does not have visible symptoms of disease.