Bareboat – Charter (demise) Agreement (Standard BARECON can be used).
Bareboat – Charterer must be a person (legal of physical) registered in Latvia.
Required documentation and information:
- Application (prescribed form);
- Certificate of incorporation (bareboat charterer);
- Certified copy of the bareboat charter party and Protocol of Delivery. Both documents must been signed by the same persons; If the Bareboat charter party is signed in Latvia, the signatures must be notary attested. When signed abroad, Proof of ownership must be notarized and apostilled (outside EU);
- Written consent issued by underlying (primary) register;
- Written consent of ship’s mortgagee, if any;
- Written consent of the owner for bareboat registration
- Certificate of encumbrances issued by underlaying (primary) register;
- Report of Survey issued by the Maritime Safety Department;
- Copy of Tonnage Certificate;
- Radio Station license issued by the Electronic Communications Office;
- Ships carrying more than 2,000 tons of oil in bulk as cargo – a relevant insurance cover of liability (P&I Blue Card) or other equivalent financial security in order to obtain the CLC Certificate;
- Ships of more than 1000 GRT – a relevant insurance cover of liability (P&I Blue Card) or other equivalent financial security in order to obtain the Bunker CLC Certificate;
- Ships carrying more than 12 passengers– a relevant insurance cover of liability (P&I Blue Card or other equivalent financial security) in order to obtain the Athens convention CLC Certificate;
- Copy of Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) if applicable.
Mortgages are created only by the shipowner, and in accordance with the law of the country of foreign register in which they shall be recorded. The constitution of such mortgages and other encumbrances is only notified to the Registrar of Latvian Ships.