In compliance with the paragraph 5 of the Cabinet Regulation No. 710 "Regulations Regarding Certification, Implementation and Monitoring of Professional Training Programmes for Seafarers" adopted 15 December 2015 the Registry of Seamen elaborates such standards of the training programmes, i.e. standard programmes the acquisition of which is necessary for granting qualification in accordance with the regulatory enactments regarding certification of seafarers , in conformity with the requirements of the STCW Convention and other regulatory enactments governing the maritime field.
The standard programme sets out the minimum requirements for the content, design and implementation of the training programme of seafarers.
The Registry of Seamen has elaborated the following standard training programmes of seafarers in compliance with requirements of the STCW Convention and Code, as amended:
Training standard programmes
STCW training programmes regarding masters and deck department, including radio operators:
- Radar Navigation, Radar Plotting and Use of ARPA at Operational Level.
- Radar, ARPA, Bridge Teamwork and Search and Rescue at Management Level.
- Operational use of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems.
- GMDSS General Operator.
- GMDSS General Operator – Refresher Course.
- GMDSS Restricted Operator.
- Competence Updating Course (Deck Officers).
- Bridge resource management.
STCW training programmes regarding engine department:
- Updating training for ship electro-technical engineers.
- Competence upgrading course for engineer officers.
- Competence Updating Course (Engineer Officers).
- Engine-room resource management.
STCW training programmes regarding special requirements for personnel on certain types of ship:
- Basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations.
- Basic training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations.
- Advanced training for oil tanker cargo operations.
- Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations.
- Advanced training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations.
- Training for passenger ships personnel.
- Basic training for service on ships subject to the IGF Code.
- Advanced training for service on ships subject to the IGF Code.
- Basic training for ships operating in polar waters.
- Advanced training for ships operating in polar waters.
STCW training programmes regarding emergency, occupational safety, security, medical care and survival functions:
- Basic Safety Training.
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats.
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats.
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats – refresher course.
- Advanced Fire Fighting.
- Refresher course in compliance with standards A-VI/1, A-VI/2-1 and A-VI/3 of the STCW Code.
- Medical First Aid.
- Medical Care.
- Ship Security Officer.
- Security awareness training.
- Training for seafarers with designated security duties.
Other training programmes:
- Hygiene requirements on board ships.
- Basic Training for Skippers.
- Safety and Crowd Management Awareness Training.
- Safe operation of high voltage power systems.
In addition, the Registry of Seamen has elaborated the following professional education standard programmes for seafarers:
- Navigation at the management level.
- Marine engineering at the management level.
- Ship's refrigeration engineer.
- Electro-technical rating.
- Navigation on ships of less than 50 GT.
- Able seafarer deck.
- Able seafarer engine.
- Ship's cook.
- Minimum standard for qualification upgrade for deck officers on ships of less than 500 GT.
- Minimum standard for qualification upgrade for engineer officers on ships of less than 750 kW propulsion power.