Our purpose is Latvian flag vessels that meet high safety and technical requirements, our ports and ships are operated safely, fairways are completely surveyed and equipped with up-to-date aids to navigation, competency and qualification of Latvian seafarers is one of the highest in EU memberstates.
We are a modern, internationally recognized organization - regional industry expert who is providently using new technologies and a team of professionals to provide quality services to clients and effectively realize flag state, port state and coastal state functions. We are an example of good organization management.
Aim of our Quality Management System is:
- Stakeholder is satisfied with financial and effective results of the enterprise. Fulfillment of the delegated assignments is carried out without attraction of financial resources from the government budget.
- Employees feel evaluated and satisfied with work conditions and provisions and realize significance of their work in achieving the common aim.
- The client gets good quality services by comprehensible procedure, in possibly short terms, precise performance and optimal remuneration.
- The Society and international organizations are confident of efficient, effective operation of maritime safety system guarding environment and society's interests.
- Cooperation partners are satisfied with constructive collaboration in tackling common problems, and our deeds support and in good quality supplement fulfillment of their tasks and/or reaching the aims.
Certification of Quality Management System
Quality Management System at Maritime Administration of Latvia meets requirements of international standard ISO 9001: 2015 "Quality Management Systems. Requirements". Compliance of the management system has been audited by internationally known certification company "Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance" since 2001, but the existing certificate was issued after recertification audit carried out by Bureau Veritas Certification in June 2016 and is valid 3 for years.
Scope of certification:
“Registration of seafarers and maintenance of the seafarers certification data base, issue of seaman’s books, assessment of competence and certification of seafarers, issue of certificates to pilots and operators of the vessel traffic services, investigation of reports of seafarers incompetency, supervision on Maritime Education and Training Process, licensing and supervision of Merchants which provide Recruitment and Placement Services for seafarers, Recognition and Supervision of the Medical Practitioners of seafarers, ship registration and maintenance of the data base, technical and safety control of the Latvian Ships, implementation of Port State Control on foreign ships, Certification and monitoring of Companies carrying out service of ship's safety equipment, certification of Companies carrying out shipbuilding, ship repairs and modernisation works, monitoring of recognized RO’s; ports and port facilities certification according to the requirements of ISPS code, supervision of aids to navigation and navigation systems, provision of Maritime Safety Information (MSI) Service by National Coordinator's institution, hydrography surveying, preparing and distribution of maritime publications, cartography.”